1. Plan the size of your final fold. In this case, our example is 3.625 x 8.5.
2. Plan the total number of panels, remembering that
the envelope pocket will use the first TWO panels.
3. Determine the flat size our example has five panels,
which produces a 17.75 x 8.5 flat format.
4. When a Self Mailer roll folds, each panel must be .0625 larger, starting with
Panel #1 of the envelope pocket. This ensures the piece will lie flat when folded.
5. Determine the number and type of perforations. We can do multiple numbers
of perfs both horizontal or patterned. Our example shows a Remittance Flap
6. Remember that the grain direction must run along the 8.5 length
7. Unit 1s can be folded as follows: Gate, Accordion, Double Parallel, or Right Angle.
Please call for layouts, since panel size
is determined by folding requirements!